As a parent, you want your child to be happy and healthy. But just like adults, sometimes, children can feel overwhelmed by stress or experience episodes of poor mental health.
If you’re noticing your child is going through a hard time or seems to be in a funk, here are some tips for supporting them:
1. Talk to your child about what is causing them stress. Help them identify their feelings and talk through solutions together.
2. Encourage healthy coping mechanisms like exercise, journaling, or deep breathing exercises.
3. Make sure your child is getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, and spending time outdoors in nature.
4. If they’re feeling up for it, schedule time for a fun at-home activity like playing a game together, baking something homemade, putting on music for a dance party, or spending some time outdoors in nature, which has been shown to have an incredible positive effect on mental health.
5. Seek professional help if you are concerned about your child’s mental health. A children’s therapist can provide additional support and guidance.
By following these tips, you can help your child manage stress and improve their mental health. As always, our team is here for your entire family when it comes to helping the body better manage physical stress. Contact us today if it’s time for a spinal checkup-we’re ready and waiting to help.